Getting a BAL Assessment in WA?

In WA, get a BAL Assessment from an FPAA Accredited level 2 Bushfire planning practitioner. Level 1 Bushfire Consultants have limited job scopes and areas.

Firstly, check the DFES Bushfire Prone Map. If your structure isn’t in the pink, you don’t need one.

To obtain a Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) Assessment in Western Australia, follow these steps:

  1. Engage a Qualified Assessor: Hire a Bushfire Planning and Design (BPAD) accredited level 2 practitioner. They handle the entire range of required services.
  2. Site Inspection: The assessor visits the site to evaluate surrounding vegetation types, their proximity to the building site, and the land’s slope.
  3. Assessment Report and Certificate: Post-inspection, the assessor provides a BAL Report and Certificate detailing bushfire attack potential and mitigation methods.
  4. Review and Implement Recommendations: The BAL Rating guides your building’s design and construction, ensuring compliance with Australian Standard AS3959.
  5. Obtain Necessary Approvals: You might need a Bushfire Management Plan (BMP) or Bushfire Management Statement (BMS) based on site complexity and local council requirements.

Follow these steps to ensure your development complies with bushfire guidelines and optimizes safety against potential bushfire threats.

Fill out our online quote form for a BAL Assessment in WA, and we’ll provide a price ASAP. Click the link below to request a BAL or BMP quote and get Western Australia’s most customer-focused bushfire consultants onto the job!

BAL Assessment for Dwelling in WA